Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sarah Silverman and The Great Schlep

I’m sitting at a computer cubicle at the University. I’ve been here for over 3 hours, working on the resume and searching for jobs. I live in the economic sh!thole of the U.S. Though there are jobs here, too many people are bidding for them, and to top it off the jobs I want have been frozen for over a year due to st@te budget problems. I’m tired. I’m frustrated. I’m ready to throw in the towel, except that gets me know where.

I’ve emailed my resume to 5 organizations. And you know what, I already got one response. “Sorry this position has already been filled.” Not a good start. Less then 45 minutes to get my first rejection. I have decided to not look at my email anymore today. Instead I will watch this video over and over again.

No comments: