Sunday, May 3, 2009

Don't Come Home

My mother calls me up last night and tells me I cannot come home with my girlfriend. She says that my brother will be hurt and embarrassed if people find out I am gay. When I try to reassure her that everything will be okay, she ups the ante and tells me I cannot return to my hometown for 5 more years and if I do, both my parents will disown me.

Wtf?

Mind you my parents have come along way. Here, here and here are good examples. But damn, if this doesn’t feel like a setback. And I feel hurt. Hurt and angry. :(.

5 comments:

daringtowrite said...

Ouch! Sharp corners! ((( )))

LSL said...

It is a setback, and I'm very sorry. You can come to my home anytime.

Jim C. Hines said...

WTF is right! Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad they've made some progress, but that's just messed up and wrong.

human being said...

lines crisscross
and form cells
to keep us away
from one another

lines crisscross
and give each one of us
a grave
to die in
without even knowing each other...



i wrote this some days ago on another friend's blog HEREnow what you wrote brought it back to my mind... i might not understand the way of your partnership but i can completely related to your beautiful sadness and anger... when one is rejected just because s/he thinks differently...

forgive them... are they trained not to be judgmental? all of us live in societies that like to draw different kinds of lines between people... this is the way they can gain power... when one is alone s/he can be defeated more easily... thus more submissive...

perhaps we can help to build a new world little by little...

be kind to those who have not discovered your beautiful soul yet... give them more chance...

and meanwhile spend more time with like-minded people... then you see you are not alone...

have you ever been to KJ's blog?
she's a gem... a counselor (like you, am i correct?)
she has written a book about the love between two women...

please don't consider my crowings as advice... i just wanted you to know how much i love you, dear friend...

take care...

GoGo said...

Thanks all for your words & support. I'm working this sh!t out. Thank you hb for your kind guidance.

~gg