Sunday, August 2, 2009

Blending

The rain, a steady trickle, washes out the heat that could have come today. I am waiting to get ready for a wedding. My role, the date. I try to blend in the backdrop, the odd gal out. Living life like a carnaval, I didn't notice I was the patron. I thought like my grandfather I was the carnie worker. See the callouses on my palms? The worn grey in the lining of my clothes? A panhandler of charm, it is my role to prove to you my acceptance. But I don't want to today. My heritage betrays me and today I want you to charm me.



(Reviewing all the unpublished prose. Guess this one is okay to go public).

2 comments:

human being said...

i really really loved this piece... i've read it several times in my reader since you posted it...

the mood is what impresses a lot... i feel it in me...

and the last sentence... wow!

GoGo said...

Thanks, HB!

Your words me much to me. And glad to see you are still around. I miss your pieces.

~GoGo