Saturday, December 12, 2009

sketchbook: Hibernation Free Thought

Lingering too long with warm blankets cuddling against the morning light, I rise and swagger into my day, weary eyed and dazed.  I don’t remember much. Thoughts are gauzy puffs under my eyes until the coffee pours. Hibernation. 

I love this time of year.  Hell, I’m listening.  It’s bloody cold. Frigid in fact, and I realize I live where winter happens!  Funny how that happened. Lived all my life on this Mit. Every year the same old thing. Winds so frozen, the body winces like a punched gut.  Without a car…Mother Nature insisting we chill the fuck out…Hibernate!!!! J

It’s the perfect doctor’s note:

To Whom It May Concern:

GoGo needs to wear layers of snuggly warmth and a nice cuddly hat. She can only leave the house to work or play in the snow! All other times she must be watching movies, cooking, or drinking warm brews of various distinctions. Tis the bitterly cold season and she must hibernate. 

Sincerely,
Mother Nature

2 comments:

Abbas Razzaghpanah said...

If you do hibernate, I'll be glad to pinch you awake!

GoGo said...

lol!